POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Why does Pov-RAY 3.5/3.6 slow down gradually? : Re: Why does Pov-RAY 3.5/3.6 slow down gradually? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why does Pov-RAY 3.5/3.6 slow down gradually?
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 14 Mar 2004 17:38:30
Message: <4054dee6@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:
> Okay... dumb question: Why is it that -ga has no effect in 3.6 beta 1? It works
> perfectly in 3.5 and speeds up anything I'm rendering.

Indeed, thanks for noticing it! I _did_ recall correctly afterall: with
beta1 the -ga does nothing and the slowdown thus occurs. Probably the
streams will be fixed in final release. I wonder if the slowdown
bug/feature could be addressed at the same time. One way could be to
allow all the intermediate statistics (after every frame) to be turned
off for animations so that only the final stats will show.

Severi S.